About Me

My photo
I'm a teenage girl who enjoys a variety of things, such as flowers, colors, piano, music, henna, writing, animals, reading, acting, creating, talking, moving, learning, smiling, and playing. This blog is about my life, interests, and observations.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Dungeons & Dragons!

Well, lately, Dev's family and friends had been playing DnD! She kept telling me all about how much fun it was, how much she enjoyed it, and how much she thought I would like it. After hearing several stories and tales about their adventures, I decided I wanted to check it out! If asked around the family, and they said they're all willing to try it out.

I found on Amazon.com a gift package thing. With everything you'd need! A Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master Guide, and Monster's Guide! About $60, not including the shipping fee. And I'm leaving for the South Carolina trip in two days. AND it's Sunday. So, we can't send it over... we checked around town. There was a small shop that had the exact same thing! Albeit $90 dollars instead, it's instantly ours. That's what we ended up doing.

There was a DnD group that was there. They said they gather together and play at noon, every Sunday. A good way for a beginner to learn! There's also a day where beginners can show up, and learn in groups, how to play. We'll be keeping that in mind.

Now that I'm back home, I have my three Core rulebooks, and I have decided on my character:

Name: Lavinia Leagallow
Gender: Female
Race: Halfling
Class: Rogue
Personality: This quirky, greedy, sneaky Halfling loves to explore and discover. She doesn't favor the hobby "collecting" as most of her race does. If something is valuable, she'll turn it into gold before you can blink. Once she has the gold, she'll spend it before you can open your eyes again. She favors sharp daggers and has an interesting perspective on the world around her; one she isn't afraid to express.
Physical Appearance: Medium length raven black hair, with a few sporadic braids here and there, several beads in the braids, a few dark and light feathers weaved in, and the occasional dreadlock. With pale white skin, she isn't the prettiest to look at, but wouldn't quite count as a Dwarf. Four small silver rings pierced up her left ear, and three on her right. She stands 3'2" and never wears any shoes.
History: **This piece is still under construction**

I can't wait until I fully understand this Handbook, and I can begin playing!!

1 comment:

kelli said...

We WILL play some time,, really, I know you're really anxious, wish it could be sooner. It will happen :)

Look out here comes my wizard!!