About Me

My photo
I'm a teenage girl who enjoys a variety of things, such as flowers, colors, piano, music, henna, writing, animals, reading, acting, creating, talking, moving, learning, smiling, and playing. This blog is about my life, interests, and observations.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weird Conversation of the Night

Abbi: I wonder if you can measure things using Fruit by the Foot.

Alec: Well, I guess it'd work if whatever you're measuring is exactly a foot.

Abbi: Well you could use several, and then subtract whatever inches are left, and then you'd have a few feet and however many inches!

Alec: How would you know how many inches there are?

Abbi: Using the knowledge you just happened to have memorized.

Alec: Or you could pick up a ruler and use that.

Abbi: That would completely defeat the purpose!

Alec: Yep.

Abbi: Did you know that Fruit by the Foot is actually three feet, now?

Alec: Fruit by the Yard!

Abbi: Yep, they're little liars. "Fruit by the Foot! Now three feet!"

Alec: But Fruit by the Yard doesn't rhyme...

Abbi: Fruit by the Foot doesn't either. It's a double-F alliteration.

Alec: Yeah they do. Fruit and Foot. Kind of like Moon and Spoon.

Abbi: But Fruit is "frewt" and foot is most often pronounced "fuht".

Alec: Then maybe we should start calling them "fruht". "Fruht by the Fuht."

Abbi: Hey, yeah! We should!

Alec: "So, what were you doing today?" "Eating fruht."

Abbi: And the plural will be "freet," like "feet"!

Alec: Hippo.

Abbi: ...what?


The End!

I love Alec and our oddness. We must have been really tired.

7 comments:

kelli said...

hee hee, you guys are funny :)

I can so hear this going on, but I didn't! You must have been really quiet because you were right next door! *g*

I love waking up and reading of your conversations!

jesse said...

that was hilarious. mommy and i acted it out she was abbi i was alec. im giving you an award. see the details on my blog.

Unknown said...

Great!!!

Happy Birthday, Abbi! Hoping it was magical for you!

Anonymous said...

Hehe nice! I like the "Hippo!"
part! Lol love ya!

Anonymous said...

MY FIRST BLOGGER COMMENT! Yey! :D
this cracked me up.
^^ But I should probably go to bed now.. i have to wkae up in four hours.
<3 I LOVE YOU

Ronnie said...

Merry Christmas, Abbi! (even if you do neglect your poor blog readers)

Zenmomma said...

And a Happy New Year from me. :o)

BTW best conversation ever.