About Me

My photo
I'm a teenage girl who enjoys a variety of things, such as flowers, colors, piano, music, henna, writing, animals, reading, acting, creating, talking, moving, learning, smiling, and playing. This blog is about my life, interests, and observations.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More weird facts and habits!

I was tagged by Rue!

~~~Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.~~~


1. I have an obsession with my fingernails. I can't help it, I love them! They're so beautiful! When they get chipped, I often even it out with a file, hardly ever clipping them. When I do clip them, it's only because A) So many have broken off, and they're all difference sizes, B) They are way too long anyway, and have a creepy yellow tinge at the ends of them, or C) I feel abruptly dedicated to guitar/piano, and that it would be much easier for me to clip them than try to play with them. Yes, when I do clip them, they're never too short for my liking. I can still see the white of them, proving that they're successfully surpassing the skin that holds them to my fingertips. The last time one of my nails broke was while on my trip with my family (I'll be posting a blog about it later), and in Williamsburg. I cried when it happened; it broke into my skin. "It's a disaster!" I shouted between sobs, while other people could hardly keep a straight face, as their minds straying to Hurricane Katrina as I mention disasters. I can't blame them, my fingernails don't quite match up to hundreds to thousands dying. I was overreacting a bit... but I still love my nails too much to let them snap without a proper mourning session.

2. My feet are almost always purple. From my ankles down to my toes, purple. By my mom, I've been told this is unnatural! But, I mean, if my feet are doing it, it must be natural, right? I'm not dunking them in freezing water while she's not looking, and then pulling them out and showing them off, proclaiming they did it all by themselves. I sit at my computer, writing whatever (like right now, for instance), and my mom comes into the room, and tells me my feet are freezing! Purple in color! They've also turned out blazing red, in other circumstances. Mom says it's because of poor circulation in my feet, but I've come up with several theories as to why they do this. For instance; I believe that when I am cold, my feet sacrifice their own warmth for the rest of my body, thus causing them to have a purple, deathly appearance. And in the summer, my feet freely accept the heat from the rest of my body, causing them to be red! My feet are so brave, and selfless... I've been told this theory is complete ludicrous (telepathically or through body language, of course. I do not mingle with those of rude demeanor). I still hold my ground and will believe such, thank you very much!

3. If I happen to, perhaps, find myself staying up all night (more than likely Dev or Josh's fault, I assure you), once it has reached five AM, I have an unbearable urge to write. Whether it be a poem, or a story, I need to let it out. Normally this feeling disperses at around nine AM (if I've managed that long without passing out). It's odd, but that's when I have written most of my poems. Don't believe it? Look at the time of my past poem-posts, and tell me if the time they were written was between five and nine!

4. I often entertain myself with new things. Example: on WoW, killing things brutally cannot hold my interest as it does for Alec. To continue without getting bored, I'll often RP with my friends. Something new always seems to come up, as it does exploring life in the "real world"! If RPing has lost its original, flavorful luster, I'll make a new character. Just creating someone with new, unique features, and carrying their own individual background story will satisfy me. I'll make a name for them, decide if I want them to have a secret, dark past, or perhaps a lifelong goal. Maybe they're longing to venture out and explore the world, but are unable to because of their strict teachers which decides they must stay put and study harder on their Priestly courses, or feel less pity for the creatures they slay for their ruthless Warrior training. Anything will do! As I'm sure you have found, I have a writer's urge to come up with new ideas, and grow bored with the usual routine.

5. I only really read when I'm on trips. At least, I used to, while I'll get to later with another post. I would have never even read the beginning of my now-favorite book series (Stephanie Plum series, by Janet Evanovich) if my mom and dad wouldn't have declared we're heading up to Moorhead to visit some family members. I read several books while there, and when we got back, didn't pick up another one 'til we left once again. Terrible habit, terrible habit... thankfully I'm getting better with it, and have been reading much more frequently now that I've found another surge of inspiration. Once again, I'll get to that in a later post.

6. I'm random. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to find that one out, but since I'm running out of weird facts and habits, I decided to announce it here. Ask any of my friends, and they'll kindly assure you of this fact being true! I hold my head high, proud that I may carry such a title.

7. I have GIANT peeves over the TINIEST of things. For example: I've been given the title Spelling and Grammar Nazi, next to Kelly. Flattering and offensive, I know, but I concentrate more so on the flattering part. I correct people without thinking, when it comes to both spelling and their speech. I know I shouldn't, but I can't seem to help myself! Oh well. I'm sure people will love me anyway, or else they'll face my wra--... uhm. Nevermind. I'll talk more about my peeves in the post about Harry Potter.

8. I love cats. I love them with every inch of my being. Yet, I'm allergic! It's painful how much I long to cuddle and stroke and love those felines, and having the full knowledge that I'd have to suffer the consequences of a running nose, and itchy, blotchy, reddened, swollen eyes in return. Half of the time it's worth it, though.


All right, to all those who read through all of my weird facts and habits, I tip my virtual hat to you and shower you with applause! You have outdone yourself by staying this long, and I am flattered out of my wits! Since everyone has been tagged by now, I'm not even going to tag anyone. I also have more blog posts to write, so I'm too busy.

Bye-bye for however long it takes me to write my next post!

1 comment:

kelli said...

I don't remember calling them unnatural :P,,hehe. It just alarms me every time I see them O.O

I should get used to it right?? ;)