About Me

My photo
I'm a teenage girl who enjoys a variety of things, such as flowers, colors, piano, music, henna, writing, animals, reading, acting, creating, talking, moving, learning, smiling, and playing. This blog is about my life, interests, and observations.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Graph

Okay. Time for some WoW talk. I'm gettin' low on money! Oh noes! What'll I do?! I ask Alec. "What do you think I could do to make some money on WoW?" He tells me that a lot of people farm (search around, hunt for) Primal Fire, and then sell it to make a profit.

Here's your WoW lesson for the day... when you kill an Elemental (type of monster) it has a chance of dropping its own element, in a Mote. A mote is an item. I can kill a bunch of Fire Elementals, with a chance of Mote of Fire's to drop (when you kill a monster, you can right-click their corpse to get stuff from 'em). Once you get ten Motes, you can right-click the motes, and turn them into one Primal Fire. That's what sells for a lot. Anyway, back to my story.

He tells me a lot of people farm for Primal Fires (well, Motes, then turn them into Primal Fires) and then sell them on the Auction House. (The Auction House is a... well, an Auction! It's run completely by other WoW players. If you find something when you're killing stuff, and you want to sell it, you can put it up for Auction. You can put a Buyout - which means that people can buy it instantly for that price - or you could put it up for people to bid on. Normally I put Buyout, 'cause that's easier and faster.)

He tells me Primal Fire sells for the most, currently. By the way, like in real life, the prices depend on how much other people put the items up for. Supply and Demand.

There are a buunch of Primal-whatevers that anyone can get. Primal Fire, Primal Water, Primal Air, Primal Earth, Primal Shadow, Primal Life, and Primal Mana. I think that's all. You can also get Primal Might, but that's another story.

Hmm. I wonder. Is it true that Primal Fire sells for the most? Let's look!

I check out the Auction House, by typing in the Search, "Primal Fire". (For all those wondering on the time frame, right now in the story, it's yesterday.) Currently, the Primal Fires are selling for 25 Gold! That's pretty good. I just need four of 'em to get 100 Gold. That's *really* good. But is it still as much as everything else? Hmmm.

I put in the Search "Primal Air". WHOA! Primal Air is selling for 28 Gold! Yes, not THAT much more than Primal Fire, but when you're selling a lot at a time, it adds up.

All right, 25 Gold for Fire, and 28 Gold for Air. I wonder...

I put in the Search "Primal Water". That's sellin' for 25 Gold, 50 Silver! (Okay, another WoW lesson. It takes one hundred Copper to become a Silver, and one hundred Silver to become a Gold. You can have all the gold ya want.) So in other words, that's half a gold more than Primal Fire.

And here Alec had said that Primal Fire sells for the most... psh... both Primal Air and Primal Water is selling for more. Big whoop.

And with that, I shall begin my scheming... if I could get a bunch of Primal Airs, and then sell them, I'd be rich before I know it! Perrrfeect.

Wait. It's 11PM. Bah, let's go to bed.

~Next Day~

I wake up at 9AM, and rush downstairs to check the prices on the Primal Air, Fire, and Water.

WHAAAT?! My jaw drops to the floor.

Primal Air dropped 7 Gold, Primal Water dropped 8 1/2 Gold, and Primal Fire-- Primal Fire dropped half a gold... bah. All of my plans! All the money is gone!! Who the hell would put all that stuff for so low, when they could have made SO MUCH MONEY?! Oi vey!

Time to go, I decide. I leave. I eat. I go back a few hours later.

Whoa! Prices shot up again! How did this happen so fast?! It's down. It's up. It's down. It's up. Supply and Demand, baby! It all sells for much much more when people are awake, compared to when they're asleep.

Since the prices were changing so quickly (and drastically!), I decided, I'll make a graph of it! Which seems to support itself more?

Here it is:



Here are the color codes:

Red = Fire
Green = Air
Blue = Water
[Number]g, means "[Number] Gold"

Primal Air and Fire seem to be doin' pretty good, while Water is only goin' downhill. Geez, this is so confusing. I guess I'll just have to get both! ;)

(P.S. This is graph of the last five hours)

4 comments:

Jill P said...

If you want to invest some time and money, you can corner a market, by buying the items below your determined price, and reselling them for a time.

Unknown said...

Abbi. This is amazeing! I wanna party with you so bad!

I have never seen someone make a chart like that for Primals. It's like you're plucking at my nerdy heart strings.

kelli said...

That graph IS amazing :)

You're amazing.

hahamommy said...

*YOU* m'dear are amazing... and your graph rocks too!
don't make me arm wrestle you for the kirbster ;)
And, ya know, that 'other' comment (unpublished)... sounds she's just jealous of Kirb's admiration -- kinda like me! :D 'cept I'm nice!