About Me

My photo
I'm a teenage girl who enjoys a variety of things, such as flowers, colors, piano, music, henna, writing, animals, reading, acting, creating, talking, moving, learning, smiling, and playing. This blog is about my life, interests, and observations.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Movie Soundtracks


Well, I apologize for being so negligent toward my blog, but here I am making up for it, and posting my very first Thursday Thirteen! Yay! Truthfully, I'm surprised that I'm makin' it in, it's really late today... sure, people will be readin' it on Friday or later, but at least I know I got it in on Thursday!

This TT's Theme is...

My Favorite Movie Soundtracks!
In the order of preference (preference may or may not change in the future).


All right, so I've owned this soundtrack for two days, and it's already been promoted to the top of my list. Wow, I absolutely love this. I can listen to the songs over, and over, and over. I have most of the songs memorized by now (of course!!) and cannot stop repeating the CD. I think Kyra's getting a little annoyed with the repetition, but geez, I cannot stop loving Johnny's voice. Johnny + Helena duet = beautiful and heartbreaking! Johnny + Alan duet = sweet and passionate! Johnny + Jamie duet = gorgeous and breathtaking! Man oh man, ALL of them can sing. Oh, and as long as you don't mind a bit of blood (let me correct that - a LOT of blood) then I definitely recommend the film as well. It's beautiful. Unfortunately, if blood bothers you, I'd have to say... stay away. (In which case, you can just go ahead and buy the soundtrack, and enjoy that!)


2. Across the Universe


This movie is... complete bliss. You just have to watch it, I can't explain to you how amazing and incredible it is. The soundtrack is the same - every single song is by the Beatles, and have been tweaked slightly by the singers. It is just... wow. When we got this, I listened to nothing but it. I'm counting down the days for when it is released, and truthfully, all I can say is: WATCH IT.


3. Phantom of the Opera


I fell in love with the movie almost immediately, and like the No. 1 & 2 Soundtrack Favs., the songs are breathtaking. I swear, if I just put these three soundtracks on repeat, I could listen to them to the grave. This CD was the only one that I listened to for about two months straight, and I watched the movie every other day. Personally, I like the songs in the movie over the Broadway version, but that's just my opinion. Oh, and... the moment I saw the Phantom, I knew he was sexy. Little did I know, he turned to be the beautiful Gerard Butler (who me and my mom now both ADORE, as do many others) I get to flaunt the fact that while other people somewhat cringed at Gerry's deformed face, I loved him from the start. (Yeah, yeah, I'll still share...)


4. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings, Two Towers &
Return of the King
Because I'm a little dork and don't want to post three albums in a row, I'm just gonna' post a good picture of Viggo.
Yay, Viggo!

I would link the names, but I couldn't find the soundtrack on Amazon. What is wrong with them for not having Lord of the Rings soundtracks, I'm sure you're asking, and I confess I share in your exasperation. Fortunately, we already own the CD and love it passionately. Hoorah! The songs on that are awesome, and, well... there's not much else to say. The singing, the lyrics, the orchestra... it just plain rocks, man. "Into the West" (the last song on Return of the King) can even make my mom cry, every time she hears it. Dang, that's one good song!


5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory


There's not much to say for this one either, except wow Johnny's a good actor, and too bad he's not singing here too. I love all the songs, as well as the orchestral pieces with no singing. Thank you, Danny Elfman, and it's really too bad that Chris had to cut your head off in the Star Wars Family Guy episode (which I recommend people watch, too)!


6. Juno


Such an adorable film with the most hilarious quotes, and the soundtrack is no exception to its wonderfulness. The songs they have in it are sweet and funny, and very hard to resist. Obviously it's not a movie you want to watch if you're looking for action, but it's a slow-rowing, fun journey through nine months with a sarcastic, nonchalant 16 year old girl. What kind of shenanigans can she get into, you may be asking yourself, and the answer is simple: you'll just have to watch the movie and find out! We just bought the CD today, and have been listening to it over and over (well, it's sharing every-other repeat with Sweeney Todd). This is a 100% recommendation from me, both the soundtrack and the movie. In fact, get both!


7. Elizabeth Town

Like Juno, this is a very cute movie, with two very cute actors. The songs on the soundtrack are awesome and quirky. In the movie, Orlando received a CD mix from Kristen, and all of the songs are on this one! The variety is great, and perfect for all occasions. I love to listen to it in the car, and I think you would too! A good, worth-it buy.


8. Shrek & Shrek 2


If you haven't seen these movies, then I have to say, shame on you (not really). But, "really," you should watch them if you haven't. The soundtracks are really fun, too, lots of good music. Believe it or not, the sequel is as good as the first, and that's saying a lot... because the first was really good.


9. Yellow Submarine


Okay, so I admit, when I was watching this one I fell asleep. I didn't mean to, I swear, but it just stretched on and on... I lasted until they like, found themselves trapped in a bubble, and rescued themselves. What was that about, again? Some sort of freakish time travel, where they found themselves again? Or were made of stone, and they un-froze themselves...? Anyway, they saved themselves, and were babbling on about how they were identical replica, all in their cute little English voices... I didn't get it. Oh well. I still love the music, especially "Lonely People." Go Beatles.


10. O Brother, Where Art Thou?


Great, hilarious movie, and funny original songs. I remember being really little and waking up to the smell of good, freshly-made coffee, and singing "Man of Constant Sorrow", as well as "Down to to the River to Pray". I recommend both (the movie and soundtrack, not those two songs, although they are my favorites). They're entertaining to no end!


11. Michael


I forget how many times I had listened to this soundtrack, but had never seen the movie. Only recently had I actually watched it, but I was still in high confidence - I had loved the songs for so long, after all. They're all fun and good. Oh, and this is another recommendation! (I forget why I still add that... I mean, it's it being advertised on my blog, of course it's recommended, right?) Anyway. Buy, watch, listen, laugh, love.


12. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children


Yep, most movies that are turned to games suck... but is that the same for games turned into movies? Not really, I don't think! This movie really was a fun action film, and the songs are all original creations by Nobuo Uematsu (a famous Japanese composer). Incredible orchestral music, which some songs I will listen to repeatedly.


13. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
When I was wayy little, I remember walking down the street and shouting... "Stop!" Everyone would turn around and stare at me, wondering why I so abruptly wanted everyone to halt. There would be a silence, and after a moment I would continue "Stop you robbers, your little number's up! One of you have stolen my precious golden cup!" Yes, one of Joseph's songs. I can still sing them off the top of my head, that's how deep they've been embedded in my brain. I watched the movie again recently, and was surprised at how many... well, sex references there were in it! I never noticed any of them when I was younger, so it was slightly amusing to watch and register what I had previously skimmed over without a second thought. But don't let that scare you away from this movie. The film and soundtrack is still much fun, and Donny Osmond is always cute to watch dance around. Very good kid's movie, as well as adult's (and women, who squeal to see Donny so young again!)


Well, there's my very first list, and dang did that take long. It's past 9:30PM, and I'm exhausted. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and take to heart what I posted/advertised - I swear to you that I love them all, so check them out if you haven't!

2 comments:

kelli said...

nice picture of Viggo :)

and nice music!

Zenmomma said...

Lots of good soundtracks in there! Another really great one is the soundtrack to Garden State. Qacei and I just love that one. Jon too.