About Me

My photo
I'm a teenage girl who enjoys a variety of things, such as flowers, colors, piano, music, henna, writing, animals, reading, acting, creating, talking, moving, learning, smiling, and playing. This blog is about my life, interests, and observations.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Woe for Woe (Another-nother poem! Gasp!)

Another depressing poem! I guess dark subjects inspire me to write about them. No, I'm not emo... maybe I'll just become the next Tim Burton. :P

This story was, again, about our WoW characters, at Dev's request. It was when Celiia betrayed Destiny, and killed her... I changed it a bit, though, to make it more dramatic. Enjoy!


Woe for Woe

    I sit here with a sinking feeling in my chest,
    In my head, I shall all but rest
    Brain dizzying from rapid breath,
    Who would have thought this would be my death...?

    Visions and memories, they were all lies,
    False joy and happiness, why oh why?
    Good times, good games, good drinking parties as well,
    I remember when we were on the roof, and we both fell!

    We gathered ourselves up, bruises on our arms,
    "It is fine," you said, "we have hardly any harm!"
    A mischievous grin twitched at the side of my mouth,
    I yelled, "I bet I can beat you to the cabin to the south!"

    We ran and ran until our hearts pounded with pain,
    The clouds grew dark, so we danced in the rain!
    Slippery grass and mud between our toes,
    We need not the sun to chase away our woes!

    We had each other, and that's all that I saw fit,
    Now I lay gagging on the ground, taking your every hit
    We were sisters, and the best of friends, too!!
    What has become of this... who the hell are you?!

    Sadness debating with a persistent, stirring fear,
    Not even a glimpse of remorse, or "sorry" did I hear
    My rage was winning over, perfect for the time,
    Doubt was a quiet nagging voice; no louder than a single chime

    Red blood darkened and poured from where you plunged,
    My clothes soaked it up like a sick, thirsty sponge
    I gripped the sword in me, and pulled you near,
    I whispered soothingly and close, so only you could hear:

    "I will not die by your hand,
    "For it's not the way I must go.
    "But you will feel my vengeance...
    "...and I will pity you; woe for woe."

    My voice rang in your ears as I gripped your neck tight,
    It wasn't hard for me to put up with your small, futile fight
    I forced you to your back as your face turned blue,
    It would soon be over... and I'd be joining you

    But not by your hand, for I did not jest,
    I'll throw myself away like you-- like an insolent pest!
    For this is what you deserve for betraying me,
    Fight fire with fire; do you not see?

    As your struggles cease and your raspy breath fades,
    The adrenaline in my blood disappears and decays
    The wound in my stomach forces me to keel,
    My mind is poisoned; it cannot heal

    So I retrieve your sword as I heard the nine o'clock bell
    I whispered to your corpse, "...I'll meet you in hell."


Once again; no, I'm not emo!

I hope you enjoyed reading, as I did writing!

2 comments:

kelli said...

Wow! How does your brain do that?

hahamommy said...

Whoa! You. Are. Amazing.
Prolific writing of poetry... were you inspired by the NPR guy? ::g::

Pssst: denying a label is, in effect, labeling yourself as *not_____* You're abbigal and if anyone can't figger that out about you, then mayhap they should not be entitled to your beautimus prose.